Chad graduated on August 1st!!! It was so exciting!!! Our parents (and my bro) got to come to the graduation. We were thrilled to have them all here. My mom brought BBQ brisket and homemade pickles. Mom #2 brought deviled eggs and cheesy potato casserole. She also made Chad's favorite dessert - German Chocolate cake. It was really good!!! I provided the rolls. haha.
That evening we went to an art walk that featured our friend from church. He and his wife were doing a live demonstration in the parking lot. They used oils and pastels (i believe) and painted a huge mural on the asphalt. It was really neat There was also a live band there, but we didn't know them and couldn't really understand what they were saying.
Chad seems to have a little less stress to deal with now, but his knee has really been bothering him. He has had trouble with his knee for years, but it is getting unbearable. He had a steroid shot to help the inflammation, and has been putting ice on it every night. He is working alot more now that he is finished with school, but he is still waiting to hear about another job he applied for (full-time).
My parents celebrated their 28th anniversary!!! They celebrated at Silver Dollar City while my bro and I spent some quality time together. I took him to an indoor inflatable park, McDonald's playplace, swimming, and we rented a Bee Movie. He kept telling me that he had "too much fun!"
On Monday I traveled to Oklahoma to start the orientation for my externship. It was quite boring, but that's alright. It lasted until Wednesday, so for 2 nights I stayed at a cheap hotel. The first night I woke up when a man outside my door was yelling at this dog to "come on!" Then I heard the dog yelping. I was also awakened by the sound of an ambulance at two different times during the wee hours of the morning. My air-conditioning was in cycle mode (and I couldn't change it) so everytime it switched off I would wake up hot. Anyway, it was a clean enough place and very conveniently located to the hospital.
While I was there I drove around to see some other apartments, but by the time I got off work, the offices were closed. So, I just looked at the outsides. Chad plans on going with me sometime and looking at them while I am at work.
1 comment:
congrats chad! sounds like you've all been busy but having a great time together!
Post a Comment