
I had a great summer; however, it went by so fast. I feel as though I have jumped out of an airplane and my feet started moving before I even touched the ground. I think this last semester will end up being a tad easier than the previous two semesters. Even so, I am finding myself so overwhelmed already. I have a management class that will require me to put in 33 hours of clinical in just 3-4 weeks. That does not seem like much, but when you try to squeeze that into an already full schedule and you are coordinating your hours with a preceptor that has an opposite schedule than I do, it becomes quite difficult!
Some other clinical areas I will be practicing are neuro, step down, neurotrauma icu, and team leading. The last six weeks of clinical, I will be doing my senior experience. I requested oncology, pediatrics, or surgical icu for this. I am dreading the 3 hour drives to Tulsa one day each week, but it is well worth it. I hope that it works out that I can stay there when I graduate.
Chad is prepping for his trip to CO. He is super excited. I do like the outdoors, but they will really be roughing it. The food they are taking consists of beef jerky, marshmallows, hot chocolate, and trail mix. The rest of the nutrition will come from what they catch!!! ;) They won't be able to shower, so when they get back they will all be bearded, stinky men. haha. Sounds fun though. They are driving through the night to get there. They will park their cars at the trail head and take off into the wilderness for five days. I'm sure it will be awesome for them. :)
Anyway, when he gets back, he will just be working, possibly throwing a yard sale, and helping me keep this filthy house somewhat livable. haha. It's not that bad, but I sure wish I had the time to do a thorough cleaning from ceiling to floor. ;)
Now to the present moment. This morning Chad and I went to Hemingway's for breakfast. It was awesome! It's an all you can eat breakfast bar with melt in your mouth biscuits and gravy, warm, gooey apple dumplings, and hot coffee. (the bar consists of more than this; however, this is what I would be returning for). :) Anyway, we were seated on a balcony and had the sound of the waterfall to soothe us.
Afterwards, we walked in the park and went out on the peninsula to sit on the bench and have a devo time. It was great. The ducks swam across the water and sat near our feet. There was a butterfly that just couldn't seem to get enough of the duck droppings. Anyway, it was brown, black, white, and orange. It had perfect circles of all sizes on it's wings. It was beautiful! Now we are back home to get some stuff done and then we'll do something else spontaneous before Chad sets off for his mountain man experience!!! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment