Sunday, May 27, 2012
Fun In Missouri
Since August 2011, I have taken on the new adventure of being a full time school nurse. Although I have really enjoyed it, I am so happy to say that I am on summer break!!! I am so glad to have the next couple of months with my family. For our first adventure, we all packed our bags (or should I say, I packed our bags), and we drove to Missouri. We arrived late Friday night. The next morning we set out to visit "Uncle Jack" at his lake house. The kids had a blast! We grilled hot dogs and hamburgers. We also had potato salad, chips, and baked beans. After dinner, everyone said they were full and they would have to wait to eat dessert. I, on the other hand, decided to dive in alone! My mother-in-law had made a tasty apple cobbler with a beatiful lattice top. The kids got a quick nap, and then we enjoyed some sunshine on the boat. It was a smokin 93 degrees out there, but it was still so nice. We finally decided to call it an evening and headed back to Grandma Margaret and PoppaLonnie's house. Only stopping along the way to buy the kids some swimsuits.
The next morning, we slept in. Chad and I watched a service at thechurch.at. After lounging around for a couple of hours, we had lunch and put the kids down for a nap. The best part of the day was spend outside in the backyard. Marg, the kids, and I played in the kiddie pool, ate popsicles, chased each other threatening to douse each other with water, and made clover bracelets. We have one more night in Missouri, so I better stop to enjoy it. At the moment I type this, my little man is sound asleep and my precious daughter is watching Lion King and eating some DQ icecream cake. :) Her daddy's favorite.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment