Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Scattered Thoughts





I know I am not very good at keeping this blog up to date - and for that, I am sorry. I know all the moms understand completely how hard it can be to fit things like this into everyday. Well, Madilyn is 9 months old today. It really has been such a blessing to be her mother. I thank God for each moment we have together.
She is crawling around the house. She is getting quick too. I have learned to look behind me before taking a step backwards; she might be at my heels. She has also been pulling up on furniture or whatever else she can find (like mommy and daddy's legs).
Since the ophthalmologist did the duct probing to her eye, it hasn't had anymore problems. Now we can just focus on those big, beautiful blue eyes.
We bought a used Pilot in Texas. We were so blessed. We took a one day trip and ended up loving and buying the vehicle. In the same week, Chad advertised and sold his car all in the same day, and was offered a full time position at his current work place. God is so good.
I absolutely love the Pilot. It has room for 8 people, seat warmers, and a DVD player for Madilyn to enjoy...although, I sometimes find myself reclining my passenger seat to watch it too. ;)
We have found a small group to get connected with at church. The couples are all so sweet and welcoming. The ladies have a weekly ladies night, but I have yet to be able to come, due to work or other issues. However, I am hoping to be able to go this evening for a night of pampering (manicures, etc). Our church is going to be doing a project similar to Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Except, we call it Clean Slate. Chad will be taking place in this and I know he has many talents and God will use him greatly.
We still have many projects around our house to get done. All bedrooms need new ceiling fans, I want to get our front door repainted and place new hardware on it. I also have a chest of drawers in the guest room that needs a makeover. We are also planting a small garden this year. So far, I think we will plant tomatoes, squash, peppers, and ???
Also, we unfortunately are having to rip up and redo the flooring in the entire house. The floors we got have been coming up...:(
For those of you reading today or in the few days following, say a prayer for Madilyn. She's been coughing, has a runny nose, and weird poop! Hopefully, it won't get any worse and will pass quickly.
Love to all.

No comments: