Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Parenting




"Baby It's Cold Outside"

We do love each other :)

Wearing daddy's hat ~ she's not so sure about it.

My heart is exploding!

Aunt J & Uncle W's awesome gift. "My Pal Violet"

I framed this one! ;)

Horrible picture of me, but she was trying to eat my face - so funny! ;)

Grandma Margaret putting her to sleep on the ottoman.

Wow, time sure does fly by. The last time I posted was about a month ago. I can't believe Madi is already 5 months old! Over Christmas, she started reaching for toys and people...and whatever else she feels she wants - like my cell phone. :) On my scale, she weighs 18 pounds and I have found in the past, that my scale is about a pound higher than the pediatrician's...so she most likely weighs around 17 pounds...that's one pound more than last month! :) Her hair also seems to be growing fast.
Some things I have learned since becoming a mother:
- I never dreamed I would have to trim her nails every single week! I seem to cut them and the next day they are long again! I also never thought it would be so difficult to do! I have to wait until she falls asleep and then pray I don't wake her during her manicure. ;)
- Kids really do grow up so quickly and learn so much in such a short amount of time.
- If I thought I had patience before, I must have been kidding myself! It takes work to be patient when you have a fussy baby. It also takes much work to be patient when you are trying to make it somewhere on time (like church or the doctor) and you have to change an outfit 5 times because she decides to start spitting up just as I am about ready to head out the door with her. ;)
- Naps are my best friend.
- Whoever thinks babies are too young to tell what kind of personality they will have is wrong! She is so much like her daddy! :( She wants to move all the time, she really isn't very patient, she fights sleep, she doesn't like bananas, etc. ;) She will be a handful, but I couldn't be happier!
- I thought I worried too much before I had a baby, now the worry sometimes tries to consume me. Without God's help, I would be worry's meal.
- Whoever knew doing laundry could be so much fun! Even though we have to change outfits several times a day and I end up doing like 3 loads of laundry each day, I still love just folding her little clothes and putting them where they go in her sweet little closet. ;)
- Breastfeeding is awesome!!! Not only is the bonding amazing, I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight and didn't even try!!! :)

Well, those are just a snip-it of the wonderful things I have experienced as a new mommy. I love being a mother...I love watching her grow and learn. I love making her laugh so hard her belly shakes. I love when she falls asleep in my arms and looks as though there is no where else she'd rather be. I love watching her amusing facial expressions. I love that she still loves me even when I am cranky. I love that Chad is a different man, now that he's a father. He was an amazing man before, but now...he has been taken by surprise. He loves our baby so much. He is fun to watch when he talks to her. His face lights up...and when she reaches for him - I think his head grows 3 sizes...he's so proud to be called daddy. He loves to take her on "airplane" rides around the house.
We are so blessed and we give all the glory to God. We look forward to growing as parents...we have alot to learn, but we are enthusiastic learners...

No comments: