Thursday, May 14, 2009

After the Rain



So, I generally tend to kill all plants and flowers that are under my care. However, since getting these beauties, God has blessed us with so much rain that they are thriving. It's exciting to actually see a plant grow instead of dry up and whither away. ;) The tomato plant has probably grown 2-3 inches taller and the bed of petunias have filled out. I am not sure what the tall red plant is, but they have stretched a little closer to the sky since making their home on my humble patio. I guess the true test will come when the rains stop and the sun dries everything out. I will have to take over the watering of these precious botanical babes. Hopefully, Chad and I can enjoy some tomatoes from the vine before the rabbits and squirrels do!
Madilyn has been pretty quiet today. Yesterday, I don't know what I ate, but she was kicking me all day at work. She is definitely getting bigger - when people can start to tell you are pregnant with your scrubs on - you know that belly must be protruding! Each day brings us closer to meeting our little sweetheart. :) :) :) Praise God.

1 comment:

Josh & Karale said...

beautiful flowers! rainwater seems to be so much better for plants than from the tap. i got a really late start on our plants and still dont have any growing yet! i may have to break down and buy a few flats...