Tuesday, September 9, 2008

School Daze ;)



Chad's trip to Colorado went really well. He wants to take me with him next time. :) He did not see any bears or mountain lions, but he did see some "wild mountain cows!" haha. The cows ran fast (in the other direction)! He came back with huge cracks in his heels from all the walking they did...ugh! They are getting better though. One of the guys that was with them went hiking up a mountain and killed a bird with a couple of rocks and cooked it over the campfire for his dinner. haha. The rest of their food consisted of fish! I would have had to have brought my lemon pepper seasoning with me. ;)
On Sunday, we went down to Branson to visit some family. We also had the pleasure of meeting a friend of mine and her husband at Starbuck's. I had met her during my trip to Haiti. She is from Tennessee, but they were down in Branson for vacation. We hope to be able to visit them sometime in the future.
So, after our chat with them, we went out to eat with Chad's parents, aunt, and uncle. :) We were able to show them my slideshow of Haiti and Chad's slideshow of Colorado.
After that, Chad and I went down to the Landing and looked for some hiking shoes. Earlier that morning we had found a down (feathered) sleeping bag for me. I was pretty excited, but Chad was ecstatic!!! :) We are excited to go camping together after I graduate. We plan to go camping and biking more often after I am finished with school.
Until then, I will press on!!! I can see the "light at the end of the tunnel." God is so good to have gotten me this far. :)

No comments: